Agendas and Minutes

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of Wednesday July 12th 2017

Clerk to the Council: Nigel Ford 10 Manor Park, Froxfield, SN8 3LF
Phone 01488 683064 e-mail


PRESENT: Cllrs. Pat Adams (Chair), Vanya Body (Vice Chair), Claire Costello, Raine Cully, Les Thomson
Nigel Ford (Clerk) and 10 members of the public

The meeting began with an informal open floor to members of Froxfield.

The Parish Meeting began at 7.30 pm and new Chair, Pat Adams, welcomed all attendees.
Nigel Ford’s appointment to the position of Parish Clerk was officially approved.

1. Apologies for absence: None.

2. Minutes of meeting held on 10 May 2017
Minutes of the meeting held on 10 May were accepted as a correct record and signed by the Chairman. Noted however a cheque payment of £550 had not yet been raised for Church funds as mentioned in previous minutes. This payment is pending change of bank signatories.

3. Declarations of Interest: There were none
To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) Order 2001, revised 20

4. Matters outstanding from the last meeting:

Payment receipt of £15,000 confirmed from Lightsource re. Rudge Manor Solar Farm. Parish Council continuing to request suggestions from the village. Various suggestions already received and Parish Council will continue to collate and review ideas.
Purchase of new notice board on village green may be considered as part of community funds.

5. Water Meadow Update: Cllr Body

Survey and mapping completed by ARC and land in corner of water meadow confirmed as not owned by Parish Council but landowner. There is a need to establish what the Parish Council is responsible for. Suggestion for maintenance of ‘cut and removal’ at least once a year (Autumn/Winter schedule). Budget does not currently support.
Action: Quotes from existing maintenance company to be reviewed at next meeting with decision on incorporating into annual budget. Clerk to review.
Action: Request for Parish Council to send letter to Kate’s Cottage for removal of weir.

6. Broadband Update: Cllrs. Body and Thomson
Cllr Thomson communicated BT OpenReach correspondence regarding concerns raised for Manor Park. Evidence of ducts to be sent to LT by residents for forwarding to BT for clarification.
Note: Parish Council unaware of pole erection as pole and cables outside of planning remit.
Action: Parish Council will continue communications with BT OpenReach and request for residents to contact councillors with any new information which may have a bearing on situation.

7. Planning:
Planning approval from Wiltshire Council
Cllr. Thomson confirmed no new planning applications received in the last six weeks. Noted correspondence from Wiltshire Council regarding change to electronic notifications from 31st July 2017.

8. Marlborough Area Board:
PA confirmed Froxfield Social Committee had received confirmation of grant towards marquee and signage. Spend to be confirmed within six weeks with receipt to be forwarded. Upon delivery marquee will be stored in the Memorial Hall.
Action: Cllr. Adams to advertise availability of marquee hire for community use.

9. Notice Boards:
Action: Cllr Adams request for funds to be added to community grant suggestions.

10. Finance:
a) Present financial position: Parish Account tbc once access to bank
confirmed for Clerk.

b) Payments G Francis handover expense £71.50
G Francis ¼ yr expenses £34.03
BPP Grounds Ltd £120.00
BPP Grounds Ltd £40.00
BPP Grounds Ltd £80.00
BPP Grounds Ltd £40.00
Penny Post £40.00
N Ford expenses £41.48

c) Receipts VAT recovery £72.97
Lightsource £15,000

The payments at (b) were approved by Cllr Thomson, seconded by Cllr Body and agreed nem con.

Action: Proposal for Clerk to contact BPP to request invoicing on a regular basis.
Enquiry for Chilton Foliat to pay half of Penny Post advertisement. Cllr. Adams.

d) Bank reconciliation No reconciliation of bank details as pending access.

11. Correspondence, matters of parochial interest and items for next agenda:
Correspondence from Froxfield Memorial Hall requesting funding support for grass cutting and general hall maintenance costs. No current funds set aside in budget however grant could be requested from community fund. Cllr. Costello raised issue regarding church funding.
Action: Consider incorporating Memorial Hall and Church maintenance into next year’s budget.
Cllr Adams to look at Tesco and Aviva Community Fund grants.

Cllr Costello announced MP Claire Perry will be visiting the College on 6th October 2.30 – 4.00pm for general discussion and surgery.

Lee Stripe from the Cyber Crime Prevention team will be attending the September meeting.

12. Community Area Transport Group (CATG) Update:
Quarterly meeting to review transport issues within the Marlborough District. Cllr. Body confirmed Froxfield are currently 3rd reserve, below priority list. Next meeting scheduled for September.

13. Dates of next meetings:
The next meetings of the Parish Council will be on Wednesday 13 September at 7.30 pm. The following meeting on Wednesday 15 November at 7.30 pm to be confirmed by Clerk.
Action: Clerk to confirm.

14. Public Forum:
Bollard missing from A4 crossing has been reported with no action.
Suggestions to clear pathway to Pelican, request more frequent cutting of sidings and install speed ‘smiley’. Action: Cllr. Body to follow up as part of CATG.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 20.40

Note: All initials in Bold Type require Action

Signed……………………………..... Chairman Date………………………